Edison-Knutsen long-term contract for a mid-sized LNG carrier

4 Dec 2018 - ConferenzaGNL

Edison-Knutsen long-term contract for a mid-sized LNG carrier

Edison and the Norwegian company Knutsen OAS Shipping have entered into a long-term rental contract (12 years, renewable for another 8) of a LNG transport vessel of 30,000 cubic meters of capacity which from 2021 will provide the supply the first small scale deposit of LNG in mainland Italy that will be built in the Port of Ravenna on behalf of the new company Depositi Italiani GNL. (link).

The ship will be built by Hyundai Heavy Industries in the Mipo shipyard in South Korea on the basis of a contract of 85.9 billion South Korean Won (about 76.6 million US dollars) and will be delivered in the first half of 2021 .

The unit will be equipped with a high efficiency duel fuel engine, powered by LNG and marine diesel, and will be equipped with a liquefaction unit that allows greater operational flexibility and environmental sustainability. Edison will take care of the construction of the deposit and will use 85% of its capacity, while the remaining 15% will be sold to third parties by the jv  Depositi Italiani GNL.

Source: Edison

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,